We’re looking for experienced engineers who will partner with co-founding teams to set the strategic vision for the company, then draw up and execute the technical roadmap. As a leader of the engineering organization you will be counted on to set high standards when it comes to communication, productivity, and professionalism. Ideally, you can point to previous management experience as proof you’re capable of leading/building a team and producing amazing results.
The ideal candidate loves and thrives on the challenge of building and growing products from a very early stage. You’ll lead and build the team that is responsible for driving the technology that powers the product, working in a fast-paced agile environment. You have worked with teams to build and ship products that users love, and care about finding and focusing on the right ideas collaboratively.
- Active participation throughout the entire software development life-cycle
- Design, implement, and deploy highly scalable and reliable systems
- Build storage systems, libraries, and frameworks.
- Contribute ideas for new features and identify areas for improvement proactively
- Collaborate effectively across teams, including design, product, customer support, etc.
- Write clean, tested, and well-documented code
- Significant software development experience
- Experience with desktop and mobile applications
- Capable of working across the entire software stack
- Experienced practitioner of Agile development
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Experience building very scalable, high-performing, consumer-facing software platforms
- Able to make solid technical judgements and back them up articulately
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high growth startup environment, to be flexible, and to quickly adapt to new information
- Solid experience shipping products of significant complexity
- History of open source contributions strongly preferred
- Experience working for an engineering-driven company and/or a startup
- Degree in Computer Science or related field